Patrick Geryl Stayed at Home
Patrick Geryl became quite famous in his home country (Belgium), had a best selling book in Poland and frequently appeared in the media worldwide telling people that, according to his calculations, doomsday would certainly occur on Dec 21, 2012. I placed a pair of his articles on this website before he had his own web presence, and it seems likely that this was how movie director Roland Emmerich learned of Patrick’s work.
I never understood the math of Patrick’s work, or the science. But as with the forum, I figured that everyone had a right to be heard, just in case someone cracked the mystery of 2012. His enthusiasm was such that he would have inspired thousands of people to be wary of 2012, and many would now be preppers. That is a fine achievement.
Unfortunately Patrick’s grand plans for survival communities in South Africa (Drakensberg Mountains, where the arks of the 2012 movie were headed) and Spain never materialized – there just weren’t enough people willing to spend $$ and move to another country. For Patrick personally, the onset of diabetes meant that he preferred to stay in Belgium to watch the (non) events of last December unfold.
A Spanish newspaper recently asked Patrick about his predictions being wrong – the following quotes are translated from the Spanish by Google:
“I regret having announced the end of the world”
- Patrick Geryl traveled the world preaching the Apocalypse. “Seventeen years later, I am ashamed”
- “No one believed me and I ended up not believe it. I’ve been checking that the sun’s activity today is zero and therefore, I feel ashamed to announce that the world would end on Friday. Today is not going to happen and I admit that I was wrong. “
- ” In addition to Africa, one of the places we had selected was Geryl Spain. Here I wanted to mount another group, prepared for the apocalypse, but did not get the necessary support, “No one was interested in my plan,” he says.
- Now, the media figure, 57, barely leaves the house. He’s sick. He suffers from diabetes two years ago and can not get away from your insulin. “I could not prepare myself as a survivalist, so I’m glad to know that the world does not end and I still have a few months to live.”
- “What do you think people should do on Friday 21?” Asked days before they were due. «Things normal and not to worry. I’ve done it for 17 years and I have not done any good, I just ruined my life. “